Connection

Even after thirty-five years of business, I still get excited when I have the chance to meet someone in person that I’ve only met virtually before. In the old days, I would communicate by telex, fax, and telephone before meeting people for the first time. Today, it is often through this blog or Twitter than I interact with people.

(more…)

Continue ReadingConnection

Merry Christmas

Today is my 55th Christmas. Like all the Christmases before, what matters most to me this Christmas Day is connecting with my family. My Mom and Dad gave the stocking above to me at an early age. Personalized with my name, you can see the love and care that went into its creation. From the pink bow on the reindeer to the smoke coming out of the steam train, this stocking connects me to all of my Christmases.

(more…)

Continue ReadingMerry Christmas

Having Fun with Seth Godin

I have been intrigued with Seth Godin’s Kickstarter project The Icarus Deception promoting his new book of the same name. Seth leads us with his marketing vision and shares it via his blog and books. I took part in the Kickstarter project and ordered both The Icarus Deception and the behemoth collection of his digital work.

(more…)

Continue ReadingHaving Fun with Seth Godin

A Personal Thank You

Four years ago today on my fiftieth birthday I started a new relationship. After some time of personal frustration with where I was in life, I hired Kevin Lawrence as my personal and professional coach. We spent the entire day together four years ago in my first ever coaching session.

We all have people who enter our lives and have an impact. Sometimes small and sometimes big. All too often, we never acknowledge those people who help us to change course, grow, and learn helping us to move through personal and professional growth.

(more…)

Continue ReadingA Personal Thank You